Whiteness At Work
Free Training: Organizational Reckonings
As organizations work to challenge and repair racial inequities in the present, we need to know the truth of our past.
Date: June 15, 2021
Time: 2 pm - 3 pm ET
Free to attend, but must register
Organizational Reckonings: past, present, and future
In order to create cultures of racial equity we must reckon with our past. Is your organization predominately white? Is your leadership team mostly or all white?
This isn't by chance, it's by design.
Join us for this free training where we’ll explore how we got here and look at ways organizations have successfully pushed back on the norms of white dominant culture in the last year.
Because the truth is American industry was built on genocide and slavery. It’s not surprising that the concept of middle management and many accounting practices were developed on slave plantations.
One year, ten years, of anti-racism work won’t reverse 400 years of colonization and white supremacy. But a long-term, resourced, intentional commitment can transform our organizations into places rooted in transparency and trust, where People of Color experience true equity, power, and inclusion.
Together we can create a future where work doesn’t equate to harm, extraction, and burnout but rather to collective care and dignity.
Everyone will receive the recording, resources and a debrief guide.
Invite a colleague and we'll see you there!
- There will be live closed captioning.
- This is new content, different from any of our previous trainings.
- We highly recommend signing up with a group of colleagues.
- Everyone who signs up will be able to attend live.
- Registrants will get access to the recording, debrief guide, and resources.
- Organizations of all sizes are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- It’s a jam packed hour of learning, no fluff or sales pitch.
- Should people of color attend? We encourage you to share with staff and communicate to people of color that their attendance to this and any debrief is optional. We'll be focused on gaining a deeper historical analysis which we believe is useful for everyone. We'll address people of color at the beginning of the training and invite folks to always put their own needs first.
- This training is the first module of our comprehensive Whiteness at Work program. We’ll email you all the details in mid-June when it launches.